YELL - Young Emerging Leaders of Levelland
Levelland Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors are partners in developing, promoting and sustaining a vital, thriving business climate in Levelland.
Ambassadors throughout the community representing the “voice of business” are important to enhancing the civic, educational and well-being of our area.
Ambassadors help to promote member/investor commitment, involvement and retention by:
- Raising awareness of Chamber activities and benefits
- Informing and involving new Chamber members to promote strong, engaged and continued involvement, participation and membership
- Encouraging meaningful and beneficial participation in the Chamber’s programs and events
- Serving as a liaison and partner between the member and chamber staff
How you benefit from being an Ambassador:
- Increased name and face recognition for you and your business
- Increased networking opportunities
- Opportunity to connect one-on-one with new and existing Chamber members
- Potential media coverage from attendance at Chamber events
- Gain insider perspective of the local business community
- Opportunity to meet local business and community leaders
- Chance to “make a difference” and show community pride
- Recognition possibilities of “Ambassador of the Year” and “Ambassador Spotlights”
- Increased visibility within the community
- Represent your business or organization as well as the Chamber.
- Special invitations to Chamber and community events
Activities as an Ambassador:
As an Ambassador, you have the opportunity to select what activities you want to complete to fulfill your commitment. The opportunities vary from year to year, but can include:
- Staffing the welcome/registration table at Chamber events
- Attending Ribbon Cutting and Ground Breaking Events
- Assisting in the development of new Chamber members
- Serving as a mentor as needed
- Delivering chamber materials/gifts to members
As an Ambassador, you are required to:
- Be a current member of the Chamber of Commerce, each membership is allowed to have up to three active Ambassadors
- Have your employers approval to participate in the program
- Provide a minimum of 6 hours of service each quarter
- Agree to a defined number of social media shares, likes and/or comments per quarter
- Attendance at Monthly Ambassador meetings to help facilitate with communication, opportunities and ongoing projects. Monthly meetings are held 4th Wednesday of every month.
- Donating auction items, door prizes for Chamber or community events as needed and equally beneficial t o you
- Understand and promote the mission of the Chamber
- Participate in the Ambassador Orientation Program
Elected officer of the Ambassadors will be:
Chair: Lead the Ambassador Club, chair monthly meetings, set example for all other Ambassadors, and represent Ambassadors on the Levelland Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors with consistent attendance.
Vice Chair and Public Relations: Responsible for media coverage at each meeting and event as needed, social media presence of Ambassadors activities, preside at meetings in absence of Chair. Vice Chair will automatically become the Chair after the previous Chair completes two year term.
Secretary: Sign in sheets at all events documenting attendance, minutes and correspondence of Ambassadors, maintaining point system.
Bailiff: Make sure monthly meetings are conducted in a timely manner and promote environment conducive for most effective meetings.
Immediate Past Chair
The above five officers will make up the Executive Committee.
Officer terms on fiscal year. Every other August (if 2 year terms) Chair will appoint nomination committee to seek new officers. At the September meeting, the entire Ambassadors organization will elect officers. A simple majority of those present will decide any action requiring the vote of the membership.
Code of Conduct:
Members of the Ambassador Club are visible representatives for the Levelland Chamber of Commerce and as such must conduct themselves with professionalism at all times when wearing the Chamber nametag. Ambassadors will agree to wear the appropriate business attire when attending any Chamber functions.
Join the Levelland Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors Program today!
For more information or application, contact the Chamber office at 806-894-3157 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Leadership Levelland 2019-2020 program will take place from September 2019 through May 2020. The purpose of the Leadership Levelland is to provide quality leadership training to motivate and encourage civic leaders and to develop personal leadership characteristics and skills within individuals. Leadership Levelland will inform the participants about Levelland's history, government, social needs and opportunities and existing processes.
For questions or for more information, please email email@example.com or call the Chamber at 894-3157.
LEAP (Levelland Emerging Active Professionals)
The Levelland Emerging Active Professionals (LEAP) are an outreach group of the Levelland Chamber of Commerce. The Levelland Emerging Active Professionals (LEAP) are developing the next generation of community and business leaders by seeking opportunities to invest in and serve our community, network with community leaders, and encourage others to support the City of Levelland.
email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information