Yard of the Month and Business of the Month
The program will award monthly winners during the months of May through August for landscaping and for holiday decorations in December (Christmas). Each monthly winner will receive special recognition on the Keep Levelland Beautiful and the Chamber of Commerce website, in the Chamber of Commerce Newsletter and local media outlets.
- Judging for the award will be provided by the committee
- The property of all current residents and businesses in the zip code of 79336, occupied and rental, are automatically eligible to participate in the program.
- The occupants of a Yard of the Month winning home and business will receive a sign to be displayed for one month. Sign will be returned to KLB.
- The upkeep of the yard can reflect the efforts of the residents or business themselves or that of a professional landscaper.
- During their reign as Yard of the Month, winners are expected to maintain their yard in the same manner that allowed them to win the title.
- Please send all nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 894-3157 with the address. Also, send pictures if available. Residents can nominate their own yard or business.
Landscaping Awards (May through August):
Yard of the Month candidates for landscaping are judged solely on the exterior appearance of their property as viewed from the street. Yards will be judged on neatness, landscaping, and color. Overall appearance and factors include, but are not limited to, tidiness and neatness of the front and side yards, pruned and trimmed trees and shrubs, edged and defined lawns, borders and flower beds, and a visually appealing façade.
- Lawn: Healthy grass with no bare spots. Grass shall be mowed and edged, and grass around foundations and fences shall be trimmed.
- Landscape and Flower Beds: Efforts made to improve upon builder landscaping, including the inclusion of color and the installation of new flowers, trees, and shrubs.
- Walkways and Driveways: Walkways and driveways should be clean. Walkways, driveways and curbs shall be edged and free of debris.
- Aesthetics: The use of originality and creativity to create an inviting front entryway and a positive overall look to the landscaping and curb appeal. Formal or informal, use of color and textures, garden art, hanging baskets and pots.
- Zero-scaped yards are welcomed.
Decorative Awards for December:
Yard of the Month candidates for decorative awards are judged solely on the exterior appearance of their property as viewed from the street. General maintenance and upkeep of the yard and home is included in the judging. Overall appearance, tastefulness, creativity, decorating in the “spirit of the holiday” and a visually appealing façade are considered.
The Yard of the Month award for December will be judged on the house with the best Christmas decorations. Theme, creativity and originality in ornamental lighting and decorations will be considered, as will daylight and evening display. Judging will take place during the 2nd week of December.